Well, this year I have been royally spoilt! I ordered what I hoped would be a sensational wall clock a couple of months ago and had to wait a while as it was a new product and not available until now. As luck would have it, I got the call about a week ago to say that it was in. I dutifully informed Handome Handy Hubby that I would be happy with this as my gift if he wanted to go and pick it up.
See it up there on the wall? It's even more sensational than I hoped it would be. Major bonus is that it's a silent clock. I've divested myself of several clocks since meeting HHH as he just can't stand the noise when he's trying to sleep at night.
I was also lucky enough to be gifted with vouchers for a massage, manicure & pedicure and a pin up photo shoot. Not to mention the lovely dinner at a fancy restaurant while my parents looked after our Little Miss, birthday breakfast at Mum & Dad's (including a pancake stack with candles), another stunning roast lamb dinner at home the next night cooked by Handsome Handy Hubby (yes, he cooks too ... score!), a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday from Little Miss this morning, and last but not least a very gourmet mac & cheese that I've been craving for dinner on my actual birthday ... followed by chocolate cake. Yes, I'm all about the food these days!
I've felt extremely indulged and thoroughly spoilt this birthday. A totally unexpected and much appreciated surprise.
On the topic of kitchen progress we are inching closer. The backsplash is in and everything except the sliding door is painted.
We can even eat in the dining room again!
Our mammoth walk in pantry has been constructed. Little Miss thinks it's a sensational place to play hide and seek ... as long as she remembers where to push from the inside to get the doors open again.
The inside is even starting to take shape ... kind of.
Still a few things to check of our list:
- Finish around the tops of the cupboards
- Paint and reinstall the sliding door between the kitchen and the lounge room
- Get a rug for under the dinning table
- Bring the rest of the dinning chairs back in from the garage (and re-cover the seats eventually)
- Bring the breakfast bar stools back in from the garage
- Move the art deco buffet back into the dinning area
- Pull everything that is stashed in cupboards, drawers, and other places around the house out and put it back where it belongs in the kitchen, dining room, laundry and spare room ... yes it's a domino situation
- Hang some art on the walls
- Install a TV on the wall next to my beloved clock
Did I really say we were almost done? Well, we are much closer than where we started.
|What it looked like at inspection|
|and what it looked like yesterday|